Sunday, June 12, 2011

Second Holiday with Jon- Bangkok

We were deciding between Bintan in Indonesia or Dreamworld, but I was more keen on a more vibrant destination, plus I dislike water sports so Bangkok it was! I drew inspirations from a few random blogs I read and was instantly attracted to the shopping in Platinum Mall.

Platinum Mall is a mega huge mall with 2000 stalls focusing on wholesale shopping and it blew me away. Although the sizes in Thailand are pretty small, I managed to find a ton of pretty clothes that were decently priced and pretty!! Poor baby had to tag along for 3 days while I shopped like a woman possessed. 10,000 Thai bahts was not enough, so we experienced a mild dilemma and were scavenging for hidden Aussie notes to exchange for more Thai bahts!!



We stayed at Baiyoke Suite hotel which was strategically located in the heart of Pratunam, with the hustle and bustle of Pratunam Market right in front of our doorstep. The density of Pratunam Market felt like 5 people per square metre, in other words it was really, really crowded. But I loved it!!! My five senses were so turned on.



We ate at Platinum's food court a few times, food was pretty decent. My husband came with a mission to eat kilos and kilos of Pad Thai and by the time we went back he was green from it.


JY inside Platinum. He is the sweetest baby in the world and I am not saying it just because he is mine. He really tops the whole universe of guys because when it comes to shopping, he waits patiently for me, offers fashion advice, seeks out pretty clothes for me, carries my heavy bags, and pays for everything. Seriously the best baby in the world!!

And he booked us the best hotel in Thailand for our last night. I was grumbling ( ok, i was fuming) when we had to switch hotels because it was so troublesome and we got ripped off by a bad cabbie but when I stepped foot in Ariyasomvilla, I died and went to villa heaven.

Yep.. That was our two room suite for the night. Best room in the house!! I wished the night would never end but I was so knackered from the shopping that we fell asleep pretty early ( 1 am.)

The living area.
JY loved the sinks- The products smelled so good!! This is me washing my bathing suit with the amazing pandan scented soap.

The Pool. I managed to drag him up at 6.15 am and we took a dip and it was gooooood. He didn't feel too good but who would after a pint of Asoka at 6.15am??

One of the many highlights was the Ladyboy Calypso show at Asia hotel, as recommended by Bangkok.com. Most of the tours and shows were booked through this website and I give a double thumbs up because the tours are cheap and good.


My fav Kahtoey. Seriously fab body and face. SOO pretty.

Our dinner the last night at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

Love Bangkok!! Will so return!!

No comments:

Post a Comment